Thursday, July 3, 2008

Faith In the Fog of War Volume I by Chris Plekenpol



It is truly an honor to read and review the work of Chris Plekenpol. As the wife of a former Army Officer, I understood a lot of the vocabulary related to his work in a very intimate way, and the Lord truly used his words to speak to me in a new way about many things! I want to begin by saying that everyone who has questions about the War in Iraq should read this book. Everyone who has questions about God’s ability to use bad situations for our good and His glory should read this book. Everyone who loves our Country and understands what a privilege it is to wake up every morning in the United States of America should read this book. Why? Because Chris Plekenpol has captured the essence of what it means to have a close, daily, intimate walk with the Savior, and he shares his heart in such a way that you cannot help but be moved and challenged!

Faith in the Fog of War is a unique book. It is laid out in short devotional-type chapters and includes pictures from Chris’ time in Iraq. Each chapter takes an event – sometimes mundane, sometimes horrific, sometimes unusual – and after describing the details of the event, Chris shares the spiritual application the Lord impressed upon his heart at that time. You will be astounded at the practical, scriptural applications that can be made during war time from a soldier’s point of view! Whether you are male or female, a new Christian or a seasoned Christian, there is something for everyone in this book.

I have been using Faith in the Fog of War as my daily devotional for a couple of weeks now, and I have been abundantly blessed at the many ways that the Lord has spoken to me through this book! I feel like I have a much better understanding of how to pray for our troops and for the leadership of our nation. I encourage everyone to check out this book as well as it’s most recent edition Volume 2 Let Us Die to Make Men Free. Visit Chris’ website today to learn more about this very special spiritual warrior.

No comments: