Thursday, November 1, 2007

My Review Hollywood Nobody

One thing I’m beginning to learn as I do these book reviews is that publishing houses have personalities. Navpress is edgy, and so is Lisa Samson’s new book Hollywood Nobody. I’ve not read much in the current teen fiction genre, so this book was a stretch for me. However, once I got used to the non-stop chatter of the main character, Scotty, I couldn’t put it down! I had to keep reading to find the answers!

I mean, this girl has got it going on! I’m just sayin’! It’s like having a 15-year-old computer nerd take over your brain for a few hours. She’s smart, very insightful, and trying to make sense out of her very unusual lifestyle! Lisa Samson realistically inserts her search for Jesus and spirituality and leaves you, realistically, with no real answers at the end of the book. However, the first chapter of the next book in the series is also at the end, so you are left hungry for more and wondering what’s next for our endearing Scotty!

So, even if you normally read adult fiction – and I’m telling you, Hollywood Nobody qualifies as adult in some areas – but I guess modern teens know more about a lot of things these days…Anyway, if you want a radical change of pace and you want to explore a chatty teenager’s mind, pick up a copy of Hollywood Nobody…it’s pretty cool! I’m just sayin’! (Mercy! This book has made me ramble!)

No comments: