Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hurricanes In Paradise by Denise Hildreth - MY REVIEW


To Tamyra, a beauty queen, he said: “A person has to believe healing is possible.” (p.16)


She said she wasn’t sick.


To Winnie, a grieving widow, he said: “You can only find it if you’re willing to face your fears.” (p. 22)


She said she wasn’t afraid.


To Laine, the best-selling author he said: “No one can be healed when they won’t let go of their disease.” (p. 28)


She said I don’t have a disease.


And thus begins the most incredible journey I have recently made into a story.


Denise Hildreth’s Hurricanes in Paradise is absolutely incredible. You will laugh. You will cry. You will grieve. You will rejoice. I love a book that brings all these things to me!!


And oh, how the Father loves each of us! How lovingly He arranges each event in our life to glorify Him and to draw us closer to His heart! Tamyra, Winnie and Laine are ladies I won’t soon forget, for they have ministered to my heart. Oh, and Riley!! Let’s not forget Riley!! She is a jewel of the rarest kind! Riley is the one person who ties this entire story together!


Read this book. If you don’t read anything else this summer, read this book! Hurricanes in Paradise by Denise Hildreth. It is WONDERFUL!! This is Christian entertainment at its best! And just for the record, as much as I loved all of these neat women, Winnie was hands down my favorite!! I have known a woman just like that in my lifetime, and she was precious to everyone that encountered her in their life!


2 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

I've known a Lainie or two as well!

This was a great book!

Tami said...

Can't wait to read this one! I love Hildreth's books!

Hope you are well my friend!