Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Gift of Friendship edited by Dawn Camp, Forward by Jennifer Dukes Lee - REIVEWED



About the Book:
Sharing secrets. Laughing until it hurts. Hugging through tears. True friends are one of God's greatest gifts.

You'll cherish these stories of true friendship from

· Lisa-Jo Baker
· Holley Gerth
· Bonnie Gray
· Liz Curtis Higgs
· Jennifer Dukes Lee
· Tsh Oxenreider
· Crystal Paine
· Myquillyn Smith
· Renee Swope
· Lysa TerKeurst
· Jessica Turner
· and many more

Whether next door or in the next time zone, our friends are some of our most vital relationships. We cherish time spent together and look forward to the next time we can solve the world's problems over coffee. There is something about a true friend that no other relationship can touch.

Collecting over fifty true stories from some of today's best writers, Dawn Camp offers you a chance to sit back and experience the gift of friendship. With its beautiful photographs and poignant prose, this collection is the perfect pick-me-up anytime you need a boost.

My  Thoughts:
The Gift of Friendship – this is a book of short vignette’s detailing the many facets of friendship among women – both familial and friendships made throughout our lifetimes.  These are brief, but very thought provoking.  Friendship – community – God designed this to draw us closer to Him, to keep us strong in our faith walk, to keep us accountable – these relationship serve SO MANY purposes!

There was a time in my life – years, in fact – where my life was almost devoid of friendship.  After a deep betrayal, I withdrew even further away from any opportunity to cultivate friendship in any form.  I isolated myself.  It was the most miserable place I’ve ever been in my entire life. 

This only changed for me in the last couple of years, and now, God has blessed me with a friendship overflow!  I actually have to put things on my calendar to keep everything sorted out!  Talk about making a difference in my life!! FRIENDSHIP is CRUCIAL to our survival in every way imaginable!!


So, if you want to be encouraged, if you want to thank God for the friendships He has blessed you with, read this amazing book – buy a copy for a friend – and share it!  There are many special occasions to celebrate with friends!  I’m happy to recommend this book!

No comments: