Monday, November 11, 2013

Christopher Duffley Eyes of My Heart - Reviewed!!


Alright, folks, let's worship the LORD!!!  I'll never forget the first time I heard Cristopher Duffley sing...such a pure gift of God!  And now, this precious child is walking out his faith in a life altering way...Eyes of My Heart is a FABULOUS CD that showcases his fabulous voice and leads listeners to the throne of God in holy worship!

At first, I wanted to say Eyes of My Heart was my favorite, but now, I can't choose!  I can't get past the powerful message of Give Me Jesus, and my heart just soars when I hear I Can Only Imagine.  Truly, this young man is showcasing God's glory in a way few are able.  Yes, his beginning was really tough, and he will face physical challenges all the days of his life, but that does not keep him from singing praises to His Creator and touching lives, and that challenges me in a profound way!!

You DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS project!! It is truly fabulous!!  Praise the Lord in a fresh new way with Christopher Duffley!!


ABOUT CHRISTOPHER DUFFLEY:

Twelve-year-old YouTube sensation Christopher Duffley, who is blind and has autism, has released his debut CD, Eyes of My Heart
 
The CD of patriotic and spiritual songs is the next chapter in a story that has garnered attention throughout the U.S. because of Christopher's remarkable talent, in addition to the challenges with which he lives. 
 When a video of the then 10-year-old Christopher singing "Open The Eyes of My Heart" at the Capitol Center for the Performing Arts in New Hampshire went viral, garnering more than 3.9 million views on YouTube, news of his remarkable talent spread like wildfire, culminating in Christopher singing the national anthem for the Boston Red Sox baseball team at Fenway Park. 
Demand for Christopher to release a CD swelled, propelling the young singer and his family to travel to Nashville to work with 9-time Dove Award-winning producer/songwriter/arranger Steven V. Taylor (Kirk Franklin, Michael W. Smith, Natalie Grant).  
The result is an 11-song compilation of inspirational, patriotic and sacred songs, titled Eyes Of My Heart, that reach deep into listeners' hearts and encourage them to see with new eyes.  
"We chose the title from the song 'Open the Eyes of My Heart' because of its meaning in our lives," says Christine Duffley, Christopher's mother. "It was the first real song Christopher sang when he was three years old. He sang it during a mission trip and people broke down in tears. When Christopher sings, 'Open The Eyes Of My Heart,' I remember not to only see with my physical eyes, but to see as God sees--through my heart." 
The song from which the title was taken serves as the lead-off track to the project. Embellished by understated piano and mellow guitar, Christopher's pristine vocals take center stage on the Paul Baloche-penned classic. Christopher shifts into a more militant stance on his rendition of Chris Tomlin's powerful declaration song, "Whom Shall I Fear (Angel Armies)." The recurring theme of encouragement runs strongly throughout the project, and is evident in Christopher's interpretation of the Bill Withers' radio standard, "Lean On Me," which takes on an early Jackson 5 vibe. 
The project segues effortlessly into the simple yet majestic strains of the beloved hymn, "Crown Him (Majesty)," then slips into the acoustic, peace-evoking Jeremy Camp-penned hit, "Give Me Jesus," with its lush cello underpinnings. 

While Christopher's pitch perfect vocals might make you forget he hasn't even reached his teenage years yet, his whimsical take on the kid-friendly "If I Was Jesus" proves he's still grounded in his own generation. A highlight of the CD is Christopher's moving performance of the Lee Greenwood favorite, "God Bless the U.S.A."
 
Christopher moves effortlessly between contemporary Christian music and sacred hymns of the church. His blindness adds a new level of meaning into the lyrics "I can only imagine what my eyes will see, when your face is before me" ("I Can Only Imagine"), and "I once was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I see" ("Amazing Grace"). He turns up the tempo for the rock-inflected "Your Grace Is Enough," and closes the project with a celebratory worship medley that combines "Bless The Lord" with "Lift The Name." 
An in-demand performer at events across the country, Christopher uses his remarkable gifts to support a variety of causes, including autism awareness and research. He recently sang the National Anthem at the 37,000-seat Fenway Park before a historic Major League Baseball game between the Boston Red Sox and the Detroit Tigers on behalf of "Autism Speaks Night at Fenway Park." 
"Christopher brought chills throughout the ballpark with his performance at Fenway Park," says Russ Ken, New England Executive Director for Autism Speaks. "His positive vibe and infectious charisma is unique and refreshing. As often happens in his presence, Christopher's impact was felt long after the last note was sung."  
For more information about Eyes Of My Heart and Christopher, visitchristopherduffley.com.



No comments: