Friday, November 2, 2007

OK. Here is what God is showing me......

I've been wrestling with the "what is Christian fiction" question. I've talked to a lot of folks and read a lot of opinions. However, when asked the question, "What do I think?" I wavered. Part of me wants all Christian fiction to have an overt message, but I personally love the more thriller-type books that are in the market right now. So, where did that leave me?

Philippians 1: 14-17 reveals Paul facing similar reports of vast differences in preaching styles due to his imprisonment. His answer? Look at verse 18!
"What then? Notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea and will rejoice."

And check out verse 27 of the same chapter!
"Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ,...(that) I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind, striving together for the faith of the gospel."

If Christ is the focus and we seek Him in our work...then HE will bless it no matter what others think.

I made some pretty harsh judgements about a book - I was offended. I complained. And I asked questions. You know what God did? He made me look deeper.

We are not all called to read or write the same thing. For some, anything that is not overt in its Christian message is falling short. For others, an overt message simply disallows them to write what God has laid upon their heart. If a person is saved, and belongs to Christ, and seeks the message HE wants, then writes and shares that message, they do so in obedience. I think that is the point.

There is nothing new under the sun when it comes to human conflict. We live in a world that goes a little crazier with each passing day. The Bible has a lot to say about that too. But if we stay in the Word and ask God for understanding, He is FAITHFUL to answer!

I am rejoicing in the journey I have had this week. I am very excited for next week to get here so I can share what I've learned with you!!

Have a terrific weekend!

No comments: