Friday, November 9, 2007

Never Look Back by Kathy Herman

Wow. I just finished this book. As in, it is still laying here beside me and I am sort of reeling from impact. This is a very neat book! Not only is it suspenseful, romantic and mysterious, but somehow Kathy Herman also deals with a lot of issues and misconceptions we often make about each other in a very powerful way!

Ivy's new beginning as a recovering addict is honest, painful and real. I've been volunteering at an in-house recovery program for the past 6 months, and I can tell you Kathy Herman has some insight about this subject! I appreciate the honesty and sensitivity with which she handles the subject.

Mainly, I loved the way Ivy discovers what it means to accept the forgiveness Christ offers to us when He saves us. Oh, that each of His children could learn the freedom that comes from truly understanding what that means!

I'm a huge fan of suspense novels, and this one did not disappoint! The temptation to peek at the end of the book to see the outcome was almost unbearable!!! This book has something for everyone!!

Bravo, Kathy! This book was breathtaking!!

No comments: