Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Reading...thinking out loud...and other odd bits.

I've been reading through some of my favorite blogs this morning trying to sort out my own thoughts about what I want to accomplish here in my own internet space. There are some beautiful sites out there, and there are discussions that dig pretty deep into a lot of different subjects. However, I'm going to stick with my main idea, and leave this blog to the realm of Christian fiction.

I'm reading like crazy these days, and so far, I've enjoyed what I've read. But I will encourage everyone...myself included in this....don't read so much fiction, or write so much fiction, that you push time for God's word out of your day. Start the day in the Word. Dwell on it throughout the day. Honor God's word in your choice of reading and honor Him in what you choose to write. It's not about "me" in this very temporal existence, it's about HIM...our Father, our Saviour, our Friend. Give Him first place and all other things will fall into their right place.

Just thinking out loud!

No comments: