Sunday, October 14, 2007

In High Places by Tom Morrisey

Haunting would be a good word to describe Tom Morrisey's book In High Places. I just finished the book moments ago, and I feel like I've just awakened from a dream...real, but not real. This book is a beautiful story of love, loss, sacrifice and God's mercy in the lives of those who seem determined to deny that He loves them.

I really loved Patrick and the way he shared his heart with the reader. I love the way he loved his dad and how he went to such lengths to make sure things were always as right as they could be between the two of them. Having finally reached the end of the story, I understand its perspective completely, and I love the way that Morrisey deals with the final question many of us deal with when someone has gone into eternity and we are left uncertain as to where they will spend that span. Tom Morrisey deals beautifully with the entire scope of that painful quest, and does it in a way that is tender and real.

I highly recommend this book! Thank you so much, Tom Morrisey for writing such a beautiful story! You are definitely NOT "mumbling to yourself in the dark!"

No comments: