Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Good News for those struggling with Holiday Depression



Dear Friend,

I'm so sorry you’re going through a hard time. Good news, though—there really is hope. Time will change your current situation. You’ll soon find that these dark feelings are temporary. Peace and joy are available to you.

I'm not promising that you’ll never have losses, but the pain will pass as you keep praying and seeking God. Keep your head high in this storm until the sun shines again. Soon this dark period of your life will be behind you.

There is hope. Jeremiah 29:11-13 says,

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

Recommendations:

Go to other believers for encouragement. 
Find a church home. Join a small Bible study in a home or church setting. Surround yourself with others your age who seek God and study His Word.

Listen to inspirational music. 
You can find Christian music in your favorite style. Try your local Christian radio station or one online.

Take time to read the Bible. 
If you don't have a Bible, there are versions available on the Web that you can download. Or ask your church for assistance.

Read the book, Purpose Driven Life. 
This is a great Bible study and will give you a sense of direction and purpose for your life so you feel plugged in.

Get help. 
Call 9-1-1 or go to an emergency room if you fear you are no longer able to prevent taking your life. Allow someone outside your situation to intervene. Also, consider going for counseling. Seek out a pastor or other professional who will listen, care, and help you with your struggles.

You are in our prayers during this difficult season in your life.

Linda Evans Shepherd

www.GodTest.com

Suicide Helpline: 1-800-SUICIDE


No comments: