Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tender Grace - MY REVIEW

“Break, Break, Break,

At the foot of the crage, O Sea!

But the tender grace of a day that is dead

Will never come back to me.” (p. 31)


Never before have I read a book that made me weep before I reached page thirty-five and had me rejoicing by the time I read the final passage! Tender Grace is the most poignant, beautiful, unforgettable story I’ve ever read! I don’t think I’ll ever be able tor read the book of John without thinking of this amazing story!


You know, it seems impossible to do this story justice in a brief review. This is a story of death unto life. It is a story of self-discovery and healing. It is a story of facing life’s darkest moments with Christ and emerging to find life – and more abundantly. Jackina Stark has poured out the most beautiful story of grace upon the pages of this book, and it will leave your heart and mind strengthened and changed!


Audrey Eaton has lost her husband, but more tragically, she seems to have lost herself in the fifteen months since his death. Her decision to travel from her home in Missouri to the coast of California is her first step toward living again, and the journey she takes is filled with so many amazing moments that you will find your own heart filled with gratitude and praise! This book has been one of life’s Tender Graces for me personally, and I can’t recommend it highly enough! This is an amazing, amazing book! Read it!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I really loved this one, too.