Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sometimes our words can touch hearts...

I think this is something that I have forgotten. I used to write a lot of poetry, but for some reason I "put it on the shelf" and nothing had come from my pen in a very long time. Well, I met a lady who is struggling with some serious issues, and she wanted me to pray that the Lord would return her love of writing and words to her life. I asked her to pray the same thing for me. Two days ago, the Lord gave me a poem almost fully formed just for this lady and the group she is in as she recovers.

As I read these words to a group lastnight, I saw tears, smiles and heard soft "wow's" go through the group. They had understood my message and they knew that I supported them as they sought God's strength to get through some very tough situations. That poem was an answer to prayer in my life. I thank God for the words He allows us to form and share with others! I am so very, very thankful that there is a Christian fiction market filled with books that realistically look at the world through the lens of God's forgiveness and faithfulness!

I am so excited to have this place to share my words and thoughts with you! I look forward to reading together and sharing these wonderful stories and the messages of God's mighty work in our lives! Keep reading! Keep writing! And always trust God for answers!

No comments: